K.I.S.T. Group LLC is a Christian based software development, website design, consulting, staff augmentation, and hosting company established in 2011. K.I.S.T. Group LLC strives to work with churches, organizations, small businesses and local and state governments.
We love to work with businesses who like to Keep It Simple and Truthful.
The owner and President of K.I.S.T. Group LLC has 23 years experience in the computer industry ranging from the IBM Mainframe era to the current iPad in the Cloud era.
Highlights from Mr. Fowler’s career include being a founding part of the e-government movement in two states, getting DMV motor vehicle records online essentially for the first time in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and managing the complex development needs for the Virginia.gov portal and many high-traffic government Web applications.
He has worked most recently for Virginia Interactive from 1998 – 2010, a subsidiary of NIC Inc, as the Director of Development with the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage the design and development of complex Internet and e-commerce applications
- Manage technical staff, and their priorities.
- Interview and hiring of technical staff
- Evaluate and assign projects
- Oversees and coordinates the development, design, and implementation of support systems and technology, to include systems and applications software and hardware.
- Work with customers and other staff to determine project specifications
- Budgeting for data center expenses
- Cost analysis for projects
- Completed the annual technology direction and cost for corporate budget
Manage Audits and Certifications
- Verizon Business Solutions SMP Audit
- Payment Card Industry Certification – PCI/DSS
- Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70 (SAS70 Type II)
- Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002
Chris is our Chief Technology Officer and has been involved in the Web World for over 15 years. He created the first Web Usability Lab in Virginia government, and wrote the first draft of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Web Policy, Standard, and Guidelines used by the Executive Branch.
Jerry is K.I.S.T. Group LLC’s Information Security Officer. Jerry is CISSP certified with over 18 years in IT security, IT security auditing and engineering experience Jerry is has experience with Virginia SEC 500 – 502 IT security guidelines, plus a wide-ranging system engineering experience including installing and maintaining workstations and servers. Jerry is also knowledgable and capable to provide strategic leadership and technical expertise, through experience with processes and implementations. In addition, Jerry has extensive experience working face to face with clients in all areas of the IT process.